We remain open and will continue to provide one on one physiotherapy services in the safety of your home. Our clients’ health and safety is of great importance to us and we will do everything we can to keep our team and those we serve healthy. At this time, we will continue to provide in-home physiotherapy services to those clients who require urgent care. This would include those patients who have just had surgery, a fall or injury, a stroke, or are experiencing declining health & mobility.
Our primary goal is to keep our clients out of the hospital and prevent decline during this time.
We also want to serve our clients by offering Telehealth online physiotherapy services. You may be a great candidate for this service if you are in self-isolation at this time or not able to have a physiotherapist come to your residence. Please call our office to book your appointment. A tablet, computer, or smart phone will be required to connect.
Here’s a summary of the Infection Prevention and Control measures our teams are taking:
- Hand washing (when soap & water is available) before, throughout & after each client visit
- Hand sanitizing pre & post interaction with each client & any time our therapists enter or exit our vehicles
- No sharing exercise equipment between clients (we will use the client’s own personal equipment at their home)
- Sanitizing any equipment our therapists use during client visits (i.e. iPad)
- Our therapists will not be visiting any clients who are ill (or live with family members who are ill) or who have traveled outside of Canada (or live with family members who have traveled outside of Canada) within a 2 week period at the very least. If this applies to you, please contact your therapist or our office to reschedule your appointment.
- Our therapists will not visit clients if we are ill
We have also recommended our therapists take the following additional measures:
- Do not travel outside of the province or on any airplane in the foreseeable future
- Review best practices and stay abreast to new developments with regard to COVID-19, as communicated from the Ministry of Health, provincially & federally
- Cease non-essential interaction with people like working out at the local gym and attending local church gatherings for the foreseeable future
- Limit contact with friends and family and not be in close contact with anyone who is ill
- Sanitize hands regularly if they are in the community (i.e. grocery shopping)
- Keep calm & reassure those around them
- Stay active outdoors
If you would like any further details or have any questions for our team, please do not hesitate to ask. We welcome your feedback.